Thursday, April 29, 2010

Landshire Moves Downtown

The next time you eat a Nike Sandwich, you'll be doing your part to help downtown St. Louis.

Landshire Inc., distributor of prepackaged sandwiches, announced Thursday that it is relocating its headquarters to Raeder Place on Laclede's Landing from Belleville.

The company will be leasing 14,500 sf in the historic cast-iron fronted building and will be moving 50 employees downtown.  Landshire, originally known as Lakeshire, was founded in St. Louis and moved to Belleville in 1966.

It's been a while since we've heard of any developments on Laclede's Landing, so this is great news.  Welcome back, Landshire!

2 comments:

stlexplorer said...

Cool! This will make their strangely delicious sandwiches taste even better!

Kevin Barbeau said...

Great news for Laclede's Landing! I've had some experience working with the Merchants Association and, I can tell you, they're excited to welcome the 50 new customers they'll be serving.

I don't want to hijack your thread, Brian, but if you and your readers want to visist my new blog, Yet Another St. Louis Blog (yastlblog.blogspot.com), I've put together some in-person coverage of today's press conference.

I'll add you to my 'blogs I follow' section. Feel free to do the same here on the Downtown St. Louis Business blog. Thanks!